Carpet Moth Killer 500ml
Hurry up! Sales Ends In
500ml Moth Spray, specially developed for Oriental Rugs. Effective for all domestic applications.
No more moths, and no risk of moths on that rug or carpet.
Also available in 1 litre.
Price includes postage. This item will be sent separately from other goods you may order.
It is advised that you remove pets and children from the room before use.
Lightly spray the back and front of your rug (just a misting). For fitted carpet, spray the front only.
Leave to dry; this shouldn’t take more than 1 hour. Detailed instructions are on the bottle. see also this information sheet.
What is a Carpet Moth?
- A very small moth with wingspan of about 14mm to 18mm
- They are mainly active from April to October.
- They feed on animal hair, wool, feathers, fur, clothing, carpets and upholstery.
- Adult moths don’t live for long but the female lays 100s of eggs in her short life.
- The eggs can lay dormant for a very long time before hatching.
- The larvae can live a long time, munching away through winter.
How to manage your carpet moth problem
Identify the area where you may have an infestation, behind sofas, under skirting boards, cupboards and in dark corners.
Vacum all your carpets and rugs thoroughly both sides. Consider carefully how you empty the vacuum cleaner!
Use Carpet Moth Killer (link this) on the areas you have discovered an infestation following instruction on the bottle.
Leave overnight and vacuum again the following day to remove dead Larvae that may have escaped in the first vacuuming.
Longer term reduction of moth infestations is greatly helped by using The Nomads Tent’s Pheromone Moth Catcher. These act as both a suppressor of the male moth population and a barometer of how bad the problem is.
Get into the habit of checking regularly for signs of moth – prevention pays off.
The Nomads Tent offers a Deep Freeze Treatment for rugs and other items. Please enquire and check availability before bringing in. The service costs from £20 and depends on volume.
WHERE WE DELIVER TO
- We use various shippers to deliver our goods within the UK and abroad. Sadly the environmentally friendly camel train, for thousands of years the mainstay of the silk Roads, is no longer operational though we occasionally use a bicycle. There are no limits to where we deliver, except those of cost.
- At our discretion items eligible for 'free shipping' may not apply if our shipper quotes a significant premium for your postcode. If this is the case, we will contact you and you may cancel the order or choose to pay the excess. Overseas delivery often requires more complex paper work and on rare occasions we may charge for this
WHERE WE DELIVER FROM
- Most of our stock is stored in our Edinburgh warehouse. Just a few items are stored in our partner's warehouse in London. All goods purchased from our website are shipped direct from either of these premises to you.
- Almost all on-line orders are delivered within a week, many within 2 or 3 working days (we are closed on Mondays).
- Bulky items may take longer. We are normally able to share tracking numbers or advise likely delivery dates but we don't operate a guaranteed service
- At our discretion items eligible for 'free shipping' may not apply if our shipper quotes a significant premium for your postcode. In this case, we will contact you and you may cancel the order or choose to pay the excess.
- We have 4 basic UK shipping rates: standard small items £3.95, standard £8.95, Large £25 and X Large £35.
- Large items of furniture or some bulky or fragile items may be listed as collection only or require you to obtain a quote from us before you can complete the purchase.
IS A SIGNATURE REQUIRED
- Since Covid19 most shippers do not want signatures, being happy instead with your stated name and sometimes just taking a photograph of the item on your door step.
- If your order doesn't arrive in reasonable time (see above 'How long delivery takes') you must contact us immediately and certainly no later than 7 days after you placed your order. Shippers may some times be late but they depend on reputation. Since opening our Ecommerce website 4 years ago, we have lost one packet of moth traps, at the time of writing (19.10.2020).
We want customers to love what they buy. You may return any item that is not what you want or if it is faulty or not what you ordered.
- Goods for return should be sent to The Nomads Tent, 21, St Leonard's Lane, Edinburgh EH8 9SH, UK. 0044 131 662 1612, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact us in advance of returning an item. For larger items such as rugs or furniture we may be able to help arrange a courier and deduct the cost from your refund (this will be waived if the item is faulty).
- If you wish to return an item that is faulty or not what was ordered we will refund the full cost plus any agreed shipping costs. But you must notify us by phone, email or website message within 3 days of the delivery date. Any exception to this time limit will be at our discretion. We will make a full refund including agreed shipping costs when the item is received back at our warehouse*. If return is due to the wrong item being sent, to qualify for a refund the item must be received by us in the same condition it was in when you received it.
- In cases of faulty or incorrect goods please contact us to arrange a shipper. You will need to package the goods in a similar manner to which you received them.
- If an item you purchased was offered with 'free shipping', this means The Nomads Tent agrees to pays for the shipping on condition you keep it. If an item is returned for any reason other than being faulty, not what was ordered, or because we made an agreement in exception to the normal terms, we will deduct the cost of the outward shipping.
- If you wish to return an item because it doesn't suit your needs or you have changed your mind you must notify us by phone or email or website message within 14 days of the delivery date. You must return the item within 14 days of contacting us unless we agree more time. If requested we may arrange shipping for you. You will be responsible for safely packaging the item for return. We will make the appropriate refund, less shipping costs, when the item is received into our warehouse* in the same condition it was in when you received it.
- We will only refund whatever is is agreed to be refunded, when the goods are received by us in perfect condition (or as they were when dispatched in the case of faulty items) and within the period of time stated above.
*With rugs shipped from our partner warehouse in London, if you are arranging return shipping, items must be returned to the same address.