Carpet Moth Killer 1 litre
Hurry up! Sales Ends In
1 litre Moth Spray, specially developed for Oriental Rugs. Effective for all domestic applications.
No more moths, and no risk of moths on that rug or carpet.
Also available in 500ml
Price includes postage. This item will be sent separately from other goods you may order.
It is advised that you remove pets and children from the room before use.
Lightly spray the back and front of your rug (just a misting). For fitted carpet, spray the front only.
Leave to dry; this shouldn’t take more than 1 hour. Detailed instructions are on the bottle. see also this information sheet.
What is a Carpet Moth?
- A very small moth with wingspan of about 14mm to 18mm
- They are mainly active from April to October.
- They feed on animal hair, wool, feathers, fur, clothing, carpets and upholstery.
- Adult moths don’t live for long but the female lays 100s of eggs in her short life.
- The eggs lay dormant for 4 to 10 days before hatching.
- The larvae can live up to 2 years, munching away through winter.
How to manage your carpet moth problem
Identify the area where you may have an infestation, behind sofas, under skirting boards, cupboards and in dark corners.
Vacum all your carpets and rugs thoroughly both sides. Consider carefully how you empty the vacuum cleaner!
Use Carpet Moth Killer on the areas you have discovered an infestation following instruction on the bottle.
Leave overnight and vacuum again the following day to remove dead Larvae that may have escaped in the first vacuuming.
Longer term reduction of moth infestations is greatly helped by using The Nomads Tent’s Pheromone Moth Catcher. These act as both a suppressor of the male moth population and a barometer of how bad the problem is.
Get into the habit of checking regularly for signs of moth – prevention pays off.
The Nomads Tent offers a Deep Freeze Treatment for rugs and other items. Please enquire and check availability before bringing in. The service is complimentary if part of a cleaning order.
WHERE WE DELIVER TO
- We use various shippers to deliver our goods within the UK and abroad. Sadly the environmentally friendly camel train, for thousands of years the mainstay of the silk Roads, is no longer operational though we occasionally use a bicycle. There are no limits to where we deliver, except those of cost.
- At our discretion, 'free shipping' may not apply if our shipper quotes a significant premium for your postcode. If this is the case, we will contact you and you may cancel the order or choose to pay the excess. Overseas delivery often requires more complex paper work and on rare occasions we may charge for this
- Almost all on-line orders are delivered within a week, many within 2 or 3 working days (we are closed on Mondays).
- Bulky items may take longer. We are normally able to share tracking numbers or advise likely delivery dates but we don't operate a guaranteed service
If the item is listed as 'free shipping' the following applies:
- At our discretion, 'free shipping' may not apply if our shipper quotes a significant premium for your postcode. In this case, we will contact you and you may cancel the order or choose to pay the excess.
- Our shipping charges are based on actual costs from our shipper. No additional cost is included such as packing, unless we state that.
- Furniture or some bulky or fragile items may require you to obtain a quote from us before you can make the purchase
IS A SIGNATURE REQUIRED
- Since Covid19 most shippers do not want signatures, being happy instead with your stated name and sometimes just taking a photograph of the item on your door step.
- If your order doesn't arrive in reasonable time (see above 'How long delivery takes') you must contact us immediately and certainly no later than 7 days after you placed your order. Shippers may some times be late but they depend on reputation. Since opening our Ecommerce website 4 years ago, we have lost one packet of moth traps, at the time of writing (19.10.2020).
- Goods for return should be sent to The Nomads Tent, 21, St Leonard's Lane, Edinburgh EH8 9SH, UK. 0044 131 662 1612, email@example.com
- If our agreement with you requires us to pay the shipping cost please confirm and agree with us before booking a shipper. In that case we may also be able to book the shipping from our side.
- If an item you purchased was offered with 'free shipping', this means The Nomads Tent agrees to pays for the shipping on condition you keep it. If an item is returned for any reason other than being faulty, not what was ordered, or because we made an agreement in exception to the normal terms, we will deduct the cost of the outward shipping.
- It will be helpful if you tell by email, post or telephone call, if you plan to return something.
- We will only refund whatever is is agreed to be refunded, when the goods are received by us in perfect condition (or as they were when dispatched in the case of faulty items) and within a reasonable period of time.