Eri Silk Meghalaya - NE India
You Save: £9.00 (16%)
Hurry up! Sales Ends In
Eri silk scarf, hand spun pure eri silk, hand woven in Umden village, Meghalaya, NE India.
The eri silk weavers of NE India have a more gentle approach to silk production. The cocoon is cut open to save the silk worms instead of boiling them as is usually done to gather the silk yarn. The eri silk yarn, spun by hand, has an exceptional softness. Working on their beautiful looms, a skilled weaver in the village of Umden, Meghalaya, may work a few hours or all day, as other tasks in the gentle life of this community allow. The preparatory work of worm cultivation, spinning and dying is all done in the village. The dyes used include a deep rich yellow from the local turmeric root, red from the lac beetle and indigo.
Size: 185 x 55cm
WHERE WE DELIVER TO
- We use various shippers to deliver our goods within the UK and abroad. Sadly the environmentally friendly camel train, for thousands of years the mainstay of the silk Roads, is no longer operational though we occasionally use a bicycle. There are no limits to where we deliver, except those of cost.
- At our discretion, 'free shipping' may not apply if our shipper quotes a significant premium for your postcode. If this is the case, we will contact you and you may cancel the order or choose to pay the excess. Overseas delivery often requires more complex paper work and on rare occasions we may charge for this
- Almost all on-line orders are delivered within a week, many within 2 or 3 working days (we are closed on Mondays).
- Bulky items may take longer. We are normally able to share tracking numbers or advise likely delivery dates but we don't operate a guaranteed service
If the item is listed as 'free shipping' the following applies:
- At our discretion, 'free shipping' may not apply if our shipper quotes a significant premium for your postcode. In this case, we will contact you and you may cancel the order or choose to pay the excess.
- Our shipping charges are based on actual costs from our shipper. No additional cost is included such as packing, unless we state that.
- Furniture or some bulky or fragile items may require you to obtain a quote from us before you can make the purchase
IS A SIGNATURE REQUIRED
- Since Covid19 most shippers do not want signatures, being happy instead with your stated name and sometimes just taking a photograph of the item on your door step.
- If your order doesn't arrive in reasonable time (see above 'How long delivery takes') you must contact us immediately and certainly no later than 7 days after you placed your order. Shippers may some times be late but they depend on reputation. Since opening our Ecommerce website 4 years ago, we have lost one packet of moth traps, at the time of writing (19.10.2020).
- Goods for return should be sent to The Nomads Tent, 21, St Leonard's Lane, Edinburgh EH8 9SH, UK. 0044 131 662 1612, email@example.com
- If our agreement with you requires us to pay the shipping cost please confirm and agree with us before booking a shipper. In that case we may also be able to book the shipping from our side.
- If an item you purchased was offered with 'free shipping', this means The Nomads Tent agrees to pays for the shipping on condition you keep it. If an item is returned for any reason other than being faulty, not what was ordered, or because we made an agreement in exception to the normal terms, we will deduct the cost of the outward shipping.
- It will be helpful if you tell by email, post or telephone call, if you plan to return something.
- We will only refund whatever is is agreed to be refunded, when the goods are received by us in perfect condition (or as they were when dispatched in the case of faulty items) and within a reasonable period of time.