Qashqai 286 x 200cms
Hurry up! Sales Ends In
Qashqai - SW Persia
Typical of Qashqai weaving, this carpet has a ‘triple pole medallion’ surrounded by a rich field filled with stylised plant and abstract forms, with a loosely formed ‘Herati’ pattern emerging in places. There is an intricate play between many shades of chestnut brown, red, blue and cream, which create a gentle richness. Hand spun wool, natural dyes. Shiraz province c.2000.
The Qashqai of SW Persia have survived many political upheavals over many centuries, not least because like so many nomadic tribes, they were often on the move. In less than a day, all the belongings of an extended Qashqai family, including a large goats hair 'black tent', could be packed up and put on a few camels and horses (nowadays often a car or van) ready to move. Also like many nomadic cultures, they depend on sheep and other animals to provide food and for utilities such as bags, and floor coverings. Well woven acoutrements such as rugs, kilims and various bags were woven to show status and the prowess of the weaver (almost all women).
Size: 296 x 200 cm
WHERE WE DELIVER TO
- We use various shippers to deliver our goods within the UK and abroad. Sadly the environmentally friendly camel train, for thousands of years the mainstay of the silk Roads, is no longer operational though we occasionally use a bicycle. There are no limits to where we deliver, except those of cost.
- At our discretion, 'free shipping' may not apply if our shipper quotes a significant premium for your postcode. If this is the case, we will contact you and you may cancel the order or choose to pay the excess. Overseas delivery often requires more complex paper work and on rare occasions we may charge for this
- Almost all on-line orders are delivered within a week, many within 2 or 3 working days (we are closed on Mondays).
- Bulky items may take longer. We are normally able to share tracking numbers or advise likely delivery dates but we don't operate a guaranteed service
If the item is listed as 'free shipping' the following applies:
- At our discretion, 'free shipping' may not apply if our shipper quotes a significant premium for your postcode. In this case, we will contact you and you may cancel the order or choose to pay the excess.
- All rugs have free shipping within the UK
- We have 4 basic UK shipping rates: standard small items £3.95, standard £8.95, Large £25 and X Large £35.
- Large items of furniture or some bulky or fragile items may be listed as collection only or require you to obtain a quote from us before you can complete the purchase.
IS A SIGNATURE REQUIRED
- Since Covid19 most shippers do not want signatures, being happy instead with your stated name and sometimes just taking a photograph of the item on your door step.
- If your order doesn't arrive in reasonable time (see above 'How long delivery takes') you must contact us immediately and certainly no later than 7 days after you placed your order. Shippers may some times be late but they depend on reputation. Since opening our Ecommerce website 4 years ago, we have lost one packet of moth traps, at the time of writing (19.10.2020).
- Goods for return should be sent to The Nomads Tent, 21, St Leonard's Lane, Edinburgh EH8 9SH, UK. 0044 131 662 1612, email@example.com
- If our agreement with you requires us to pay the shipping cost please confirm and agree with us before booking a shipper. In that case we may also be able to book the shipping from our side.
- If an item you purchased was offered with 'free shipping', this means The Nomads Tent agrees to pays for the shipping on condition you keep it. If an item is returned for any reason other than being faulty, not what was ordered, or because we made an agreement in exception to the normal terms, we will deduct the cost of the outward shipping.
- It will be helpful if you tell by email, post or telephone call, if you plan to return something.
- We will only refund whatever is is agreed to be refunded, when the goods are received by us in perfect condition (or as they were when dispatched in the case of faulty items) and within a reasonable period of time.